Thursday, 7 March 2013

Knit Now 19: Weald Oak Cushions

Today Knit Now issue 19 is out, and this is very very exciting for me, because it includes one of my patterns! This is my first magazine publication and I am over the moon about it. I think I finally feel like a 'real' designer.

This issue of the magazine has a 'Best of British' theme which made me think about the countryside and woodland and finally led to a cable pattern inspired by the bark and branches of oak trees.

(Image credit Dan Walmsley, Knit Now Magazine 2013)

I love that photo, and the pattern turned out just how I wanted, and the whole experience of working with the magazine was wonderful. The other patterns from this issue are all up on Ravelry now - I think I might need to make the Union Jack socks, and the fair-isle vest top is calling to me too! So many excellent designs and all from British designers, using British yarns. I'm so happy to be part of it.

1 comment: